- INFORMATION COLLECTION
Information You Provide: We collect information about you (“personal information”), some of which may not be personally identifiable, including personal information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), that you provide to us. This includes, but is not limited to, your personal information such as:
- Real name, alias, postal or physical mailing address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, e-mail address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers;
- Signature, physical characteristics or description, telephone number, state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit or debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (sex, race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, handicaps, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status);
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Biometric information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Professional (or employment) related information;
- Education information;
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this list to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes;
- Information that permits the physical or online contacting of the user; and
- Any other information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
- We also collect technical information about your visit to the Site, which may include information about your device, web browser, and location. When you browse the Site, your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) is recorded so that we may know how you are using the Site. Your browser may also automatically provide us with information regarding the type of computing device and operating system you are using. This information is used by us to monitor and improve the Site. This information is not linked back to you as an individual user.
Information Collected From Third Parties: We also collect personal information about you from third parties, including:
- Our business partners may provide us with information about you.
- Our service providers may give us information about you that they collect when performing services on our behalf.
- We may supplement the information that we collect about you with information from data providers, such as consumer reporting agencies or government records.
- We may receive information about you when you interact with our brand on social media sites or other third-party websites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or YouTube.
We may also receive information about you from our business partners including, but not limited to, details regarding the services or products you receive. We may maintain this information to assist with litigation, regulatory request(s), law enforcement requests, internal analytics, marketing purposes, and any other legally permissible purpose.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
We maintain technical and organizational safeguards to protect the confidentiality of personal information about our customers against unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental loss, alteration or destruction. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- INFORMATION QUALITY
We maintain procedures to assure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and as complete as possible. If we obtain information about individuals who are not our present customers, we strive to treat this information in the same manner as we treat information about our existing customers.
- USE OF CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We use personal information only for purposes of administering our business activities, providing service and making available other products and services to our present and prospective customers.
We also use personal information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, provided that the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Performing services on behalf of the business or service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
- Advancing a person’s commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing another person to buy, rent, lease, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, goods, property, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
- INFORMATION SHARING
The personal information that we collect about our customers and information about our customers’ orders may be shared with third parties.
We may share your personal information with our service providers, which includes analytics providers to understand how our Site and services are being used as well as our marketing partners, who may use this information to send our customers offers of interest. We may also share your financial information with our transaction providers in order to process your transactions, such as payments processors.
We may share your personal information when required by law or legal process or in response to other regulatory or other compulsory process, such as in response to a subpoena, court order, or request by law enforcement.
We may share your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your personal information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
We may share your personal information as appropriate to carry out any other legitimate business purposes not otherwise prohibited by law.
- We cannot control how such third parties may use or disclose such personal information. You should contact these companies directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices as they may retain or use your information.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS / SERVICES
- AGE RESTRICTIONS
The Site and our Services are not intended for use by persons who have not yet reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. We do not knowingly solicit information from children under the age of 13 years, and we do not knowingly market to children. Please notify us immediately if you believe that we may have collected personal information from a child, so that we can delete such information.
We do not sell the personal information of California consumers that are less than 16 years of age, unless the consumer (in the case of consumers between 13 and 16 years of age) or the consumer’s parent or guardian (in the case of consumers who are less than 13 years of age) has affirmatively authorized the sale of the consumer’s personal information.
- DO NOT SOLICIT
We recognize that some of our customers do not want to be solicited for offers and promotions from us. So, we provide our customers the option to have their names and addresses removed from our mail and/or telephone solicitation lists. We have procedures that assure a consumer’s name, address and telephone number are removed from our marketing lists. Customers that do not want us to contact them can let us know by calling, writing, or sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Customers that do not want us to share their name and addresses with third party marketing partners can let us know by sending an email to us at email@example.com. For customers that are residents of California, please see the CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS section for California-specific privacy rights.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have the right to:
- Request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer which the business has collected from the consumer.
- Request that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer, free of charge, the following:
- The categories of personal information that it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- Request that a business that sells the consumer’s personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose disclose, free of charge, to the consumer:
- The categories of personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
- The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
- Direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s personal information.
You may submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act through the following methods:
- You may call us toll-free at 1-888-515-2933 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST Monday – Friday.
- You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit a request, we are required to verify your identity. Please be prepared to provide us with your name, phone number, email address, and home address and we will match the personal information that you provide to us with personal information that we already maintain about you in order to verify your identity. We may also need to contact you to confirm your request.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make such requests on your behalf by having them provide Power of Attorney documentation.
We may not be able to honor each request that we receive, but if we are unable to do so, we will respond to let you know our reasons. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of your rights as described in this section.
- MAINTAINING CUSTOMER PRIVACY WITH OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS
We strive to ensure that the companies we use as our business partners support our commitment to privacy protection in their handling of personal data about our customers.
- EMPLOYEE EDUCATION
- CONTACT US